60th Annual Cleveland Feis
May 29, 2016
The Wolstein Center at Cleveland State University
2000 Prospect Avenue, Cleveland OH 44115
Cleveland Feis Society is proud to sponsor this
annual Cleveland Feis to be held at
the Wolstein Center located at Cleveland State
we look forward to welcoming all of you on May 29th.
There will be many changes for our Feis this year - so please visit our
Please like us on Facebook so that you
can get updates regularly.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask your question on Facebook
Here are a few updates and reminders for Sunday.
- You can enter the Feis or change your entry on Saturday at our table at the Akron Feis, fees apply. Volunteers should be there approximately 10 AM to set up.
As well, you can enter or change the morning of the Feis in Cleveland. Fees apply. The earlier, the better. See our syllabus for fee schedule.
- Mass will be at 7:30 Sunday on the championship stage. The treble reels will be the first competition on each stage after lunch.
- Remember.....the Wolstein Center has a box office and controls the entry into their facility. Adults pay $10 at the door, all children are free. You did NOT pay a family fee when you registered for our Feis.
- As well, remember, the Wolstein Center has a strict "no coolers/containers" policy, so thank you so much in advance for adhering to that policy. Your bags are subject to search. If you have a dietary need, please bring physician proof and please ask for a volunteer to come to the entry gate if you have trouble.
- Folks, as a committee our hands are tied in some areas when dealing with a facility of this type, but we want to make it as great a day as we can possibly make it. It's hard if we do not know about an issue until the next day when it's posted on a message board. We realize this is sometimes a very emotional day and a long weekend for many, but help us to help you.
And remember......KEEP CALM AND JIG ON
- Here is the stage layout for the 2016 Cleveland Feis. All stages will be in the arena area; we will not be using the gymnasium at
the Wolstein Center this year. PLEASE familiarize yourself with
the layout prior to coming to the Feis. Access to the music stage is at Gate C; vendors are at Gate D.
Posting will be in the area with Awards.
- The Cleveland Feis will be
for our registration and tabulation services and we welcome Bettina
Sohnigen and her team to our Feis. We know as Feis
registrants, you will will help to make this transition a smooth one
for yourself, for The Cleveland Feis and for QuickFeis.
WELCOME QuickFeis! To get information and register for the Feis, please
visit their website at www.quickfeis.com Direct
your registration questions to them at email@example.com
- Our syllabus has a new look - please check it out
the Syllabus and Entry Rules link at left.
- The Cleveland Feis will open for registration on
March 1st and will
take registrations and changes UNTIL May 15th.
- We will take your changes and registrations on
Saturday, May 28th at
the Akron Feis from Noon through 4:00 pm.
- We will also take your changes and registrations
the day of the Feis.
- There are extra fees involved with this, so
check our syllabus
for that information. (There will be no changes or entries taken
between May 16th and May
- Teachers will no longer be required to enter figures
their dancers - There will be a "team fee" and you can direct your
questions to QuickFeis on how that works.
OUR VOLUNTEER CAMPAIGN
Greater Cleveland Feis Society has been putting the Cleveland Feis on
for 60 years and while we have many hands to run our day, we
in dire need of those individuals willing to carry the organization
forward into the next decade. The last thing that we would
is for the Cleveland Feis to cease because we had no officers to take
over to run the organization. There are a lot of people out
whose parents and grandparents passed this heritage and love of dance
on to them. We need you to step forward and do what you can
ensure that the Cleveland Feis continues.
I look forward to seeing you at this year’s
Greater Cleveland Feis Society
Updated May 26, 2016